You can apply to Istanbul Aydin University (IAU) as an exchange student for one or two semesters based on a student exchange agreement between your home university and IAU. Exchange students must first be nominated by the international office of their home institution.
Application procedures for exchange students
1. Your home university should nominate you to the International Academic Relations Office (IARO) of the IAU.
2. You must then fill in the Application Form (Download form). Please send the scanned application form by email and the original copy by post. See the contact information.
3. With your application form you must send:
a. Transcript of Records issued by your home university,
b. Learning Agreement (Download form),
c. Language Certificate (If you will be taking classes in English language programs, B1 level English certificate issued by your home institution is necessary. If you will be taking classes in Turkish language programs, a document issued by your home university indicating your Turkish proficiency level is necessary)
d. One Letter of recommendation from an academic staff of the applicant's home university.
e. One photocopy of the applicant's passport information page. (Please check your Passport expiration date. Your passport must remain valid for the duration of your stay in Turkey.)
f. 4 Recent Photographs (Passport Type): 3.5cm by 4.5cm (Home produced photographs are not accepted. The background of the photo must be white and your face including your ears must be fully visible in the photo.)
4. Application deadlines:
June 1 for the fall semester/full academic year
October 1 for the spring semester
5. After we have received your application and your host department at IAU has approved your application, we will send you an Acceptance Letter with which you will apply for a Student Visa at the nearest Turkish consulate in your home country. You will also receive an Exchange Student Information Package with useful information.
Documents which are not in English or Turkish should be translated and notarized.
Additional documents may be required if necessary and special conditions may apply for some countries.
6. Student visa: Everyone, coming with the purpose of education is required to acquire a Student Visa issued by the Turkish Consulates.
After your arrival at IAU
1. Registration: Please contact the IARO staff immediately after your arrival in order to finalize your registration and pick up your University ID card.
2. Residence permit: Within one month of your arrival, you have to apply for your residence permit ONLINE. Please, immediately make your appointment at this link upon your arrival to İstanbul;
A Residence Permit is an official document stating registration with the Directorate General of Migration Management (İçişleri Bakanlığı Göç İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü).
Once you complete your online form and submit, you cannot make any changes on it, so please be sure about the information you provide on the system.
When you fill up the online application form please use only English keyboard/alphabet.
After you complete the form please make a color print, black-white print form is not accepted by the Directorate General of Migration Management.
Also please take a note of your application’s reference number.
3. Health Insurance: One of the requirements to obtain a residence permit is to have health insurance valid for the duration of your stay in Turkey. IAU International Students and Staff Affairs office will help you obtain health insurance.
Student Exchange Program Facts & Information Sheet
Students are allowed take courses from minimum 9 credits to maximum 30 credits. 1 credit is 1 lecture hour per one week. In general, one course requires 3 lecture hours at IAU. Students take 3 to 6 courses per semester. IAU also follows the ECTS credit system. Transcripts issued by IAU show the ECTS credits of each course taken by the student.
DONWLOAD THE IAU FACT - INFO SHEET
DONWLOAD THE STUDENT INFORMATION PACKAGE